The Renegade Texas Grand 2013... UPDATED 10/14/13
General Rules: 2013 · All Cars to display Renegade Race Fuel Decal. RACEceivers will be used.
1. Safety Inspection tag is mandatory before you are allowed on the track. CURRENT Houston Area Track Safety Inspection tag is valid. · 2. Safety Inspection tags will be available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Tech. · 3. Items inspected: All personal safety gear, 5 point seat belts/ fastened securely, seat secure, window net/ arm restraints, helmet (neck brace), driving suit, wrecker pick-up points front and rear. Other safety items as required by your class. No large holes in fire wall. No sharp edges on bumpers, nerf bars, fender such to cut another car's tire. You are not to be on the race surface without an Inspection Tag. Cost: $-0-· 4. Any car coming to Tech without a 2013 VALID Safety Inspection tag issued, after Heat, A, B,C, or D is disqualified. · 5. Non-engine Tech inspection is optional for all classes and will be conducted at Tech at any time. ·6. Weight: All weights are post-race. You weigh with the car as it finished the race. ie: missing parts. · 7. No radios, no mirrors, scanners, or cell phones allowed in the race car while on the track. No race communications. · 8. No traction control devices allowed. All rear ends must be locked. · 9. No gasoline or methanol additives for the enhancement of power. · 10. All drive shafts are to be painted white or silver. · 11. No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the pit area before or during your races. · 12. Qualification remains with the driver, not the car. Which means the driver is qualified, but if the driver changes cars, they must start in the rear of the race in which the driver is qualified for. · 13. One registration per driver per class is required. Maximum Two Classes.· 14. Any ballast that is not welded in place must be painted white or silver.· 15.No recaps. Asphalt take offs are legal in some classes. No Claims.·16.Tech is not the place to find out your car is not legal. Know the rules, and know your car. DO NOT argue with the Tech Officials. Tech ruling is final!
· Modified: · 1. 2013 USMTS, Modified rules apply. · 2. Any steel locked rear end is allowed, quick change okay steel tubes only. · 3. Bert and Brinn are allowed.· 4. No aluminum suspension parts allowed. 5. Any steel 15" x 8" wheel, any offset. Bead-lock on right rear only. 8” Modified tires: Hoosier stamped G60 (NO A, D,H) or American Racer G60 stamped or KK704 stamped allowed. NO Softies. Tires will be Durometer’ed. 6. USMTS Engine type determines spoilers allowed, weight and RPM chip. >375ci must use 8400rpm chip, <374ci must use 9000rpm chip. Steel headed / flat tappet or Brodix Spec head, Weight Min 2400 lbs, with steel head less than 23-degree valves. Aluminum heads w/o raised runners minimum weight 2350 lbs, or with non-Brodix Spec aluminum heads, raised runner head or less than 23-degree valve angle minimum weight 2500 lbs. If aluminum head other than Brodix spec must have a minimum of 50 lbs in front of motor plate. If Crate engine weight minimum is 2350lbs with two 30lb weights added at or ahead of motor mounts and above spark plugs. All cars must display weight minimum on left side windshield post. 7. If using flat tappet steel head, Brodix Aluminum Spec head or CT525 Crate Engine spoiler max 7”, any other steel or aluminum head max spoiler 5”. 8. Must declare Heads /Weight at tech with weight display on left side windshield post.!
· Dwarf Car . Mufflers not required. 1. Body: Mod lites and classic both allowed. a. Mod lites see TUSA, Texana or North Texas Stars rules.b. Classics can run TUSA, Texana, Houston, Western States or North Texas Stars rules. 2.Tires: Hoosier(Bozz tread Only) and Goodyear both allowed. Must run medium on right rear Must duro 45 before race) 3.Wheels: 7 and 8 inch steel wheels allowed. Beadlock allowed on all 4 corners. 4.Engines: 1000cc Stock engines. 2 year rule. (2010 newest legal engine). Must remain stock bore and stroke, stock rods and pistons and cams. All head components must remain stock. Cams must be stock as per original equipment manufacturer . (OEM) and must meet specs as per manufacturer. ONLY OEM stock ignition system with OEM ECU box may be used. Engine must retain its stock fuel induction system. May run aftermarket air filters/headers/oil pan. Secondary butterflies may be removed.No adjustable aftermarket cam sprockets must be in the stock mounting round holes. Power Commander (no auto tune) and TFI are legal. NO Bazzaz, auto tune or programmable ECU. Older carbureted engines allowed, 1250cc max. Must be originally carbureted motor. See Texana rules for info. 5.Weight: ModLite 1275, Classic 1240 after race. 6. Brakes: 3 working brakes with calipers and steel rotors. 7. Suspension: All SOLID bars. No rubber or springs on trailing arms or third link. Gears: Quick Change allowed.
· Limited Modified: · 1.Chassis. 107-109" wheelbase. All suspension parts must be stock for 78'-87' GM metric frame. After market bushings allowed. No offsets. Upper control arm mounts may be moved. Upper control arms stock appearing aftermarket. Spindles and rotors, stock. 2. Stock brakes, minimum 3 complete working brakes assemblies required. Any shock okay that fits stock frame/suspension Spacers OK. 3. Body. Modified style. 4. Wheel base Min= 107 1/2" at Tech. 5. ONLY Carburetor: 4412-500cfm. 6. Max 362ci. 7. May use GM crate engine #88958602, or 19258602 ONLY. Must be sealed with factory seals MUST be present and not show any evidence of tampering! Flat top pistons only, No six inch rods. Max 1.94” in, 1.50” ex. 11/32”, Heads: 997, 445, 882, 624, 441, 487, 993, 185, 920, 862, 598, 493, 336, 126 ONLY, no ‘X’. may use Engine Quest (EQ) stock Replacement (SR) cylinder head, GM part #CH3501. 180psi max. 5. Wheels. 15"x8" steel with any offset. Right Rear bead lock is allowed. 8. Tires. 8” H-Stamped Hoosier ‘500’ or IMCA Stamp. Tires will be Durometer’ed. 8. Weight. 2350 lbs. IMCA cars must match rules above except EQ head allowed..
· Pure Stock: 1. American made passenger car. Two or four door car is allowed. No Mix and matching of class or track rules. Trucks bodies are allowed. 2. Full floor pan required. Quick Steer OK. 3. Engine. Stock OEM cast steel, Stock Location. Max. 364 ci. Hydraulic cam only, MAX .450 lift at valve. Compression Rule 165 psi. Only single spring, steel open chamber heads (no 461,462,etc, must match block (305 heads 305 block OK.). Max valve 1.94”, 11/32” No Vortec. No port/polish. No fuel injection. Cast iron intake only. Carburetor: Rochester 2 barrel, Unaltered 350 Holley #0-7448 or #65-7448 allowed. Holley 4412-500cfm allowed. Carb must remain stock minus choke flap. GM cast iron intake must use adapter with 1” max thickness. NO ADAPTER/Spacer allowed on 2-barrel intake. Stock bore ( +0.065”) and stock stroke combinations only. After market pulleys and balancer allowed. 4. Transmission must be stock with working torque (10.25”min) converter or (10.1”min) clutch/flywheel combination. Ignition: No MSD modules or parts. 5. Rear end. Stock for year and make. Axles must be locked. No posi-trac. 6. Fuel. Gasoline only. No performance enhancement additives. Fuel tank must be mounted in trunk and protected from rear end collision. Must be secure. 7. Brakes: Stock Drum or steel Caliper. Minimum 3 complete working brake assemblies. No proportioning valves. 8. Wheel base. Min. 108" per specs. Tech =107.5" 9. Suspension stock. No adjustable blocks. Any steel spring allowed. Shocks must be stock mount on shock and car in stock location. After market bushings allowed. No jack bolts. No adjustable spring spacers. 10. Wheels. Maximum 8”, steel Only. NO bead locks allowed. 11. Tires: Any DOT radial tire, maximum width 50 series. Hoosier stamped G60 or KK-704, or asphalt pull offs. 12. Weight: 3400 lbs with 4412 Carb.; 3100 lbs. with 7448 or Rochester.. No headers allowed. 13. Driver. CURRENT Pure Stock drivers ONLY. If you race in any other class, you are not eligible if you didn't race Pure Stock prior to June 4, 2013.
· Street Stock: · 1. All Cars.: Carburetor #4412-500CFM max with 1-11/16” throttle bore maximum with horn attached. 2. Any American made passenger car with full frame, with wheelbase 107.5" or longer as per OEM specs: 104 for 1981 or earlier Camaro; 101" for strut cars. 3. Chassis. Full stock frame or uni-body frame. Uni-body sub-frames must be tied together. 4. Suspension. After market steel springs allowed. Lowering blocks are okay. Any steel shocks max 4, allowed, may be relocated. IMCA Stamped upper control arms okay. Jack bolts allowed. Any ball joint. 5. Body. Steel body only. No Late Model style bodies. All interior panels may be removed. 6. Steering. Stock steering must be used wheel to wheel and gear box, except shaft and steering wheel. Quick steer okay. 7. Fuel/systems. Gasoline only, no performance enhancement additives. 8. Ignition. Stock/ stock replacement, HEI after market and MSD module or MSD box allowed. 9. Engine. Maximum 364 cubic inches. No stroke or de-stroke allowed. Steel rods only. Flat top pistons must be used. No port or polish. Screw in studs/ guide plates are okay. Steel heads only, maximum intake valve 2.02”. Cast iron intake or aluminum intake okay. No high-rise intakes except 2bbl intake. 10. Engine Location:#1 spark plug must be no further back than 1" from front upper left ball joint, as measured with a square on the block. 11. Exhaust. Headers okay. 12. Automatics must have WORKING torque converter. Standards must have 1/4" steel bell housing. No directs of any kind.. 13. Rear-end. Ford 9” OK. Floaters OK. Must be 100% steel. 14. Wheels. Maximum 15"x10" (Houston) 15x8 (for Cottonbowl and I37) steel. Bead-lock on right rear ONLY. 15. Tires: Hoosier Stamped G60, H500, KK-704, or Asphalt pull offs allowed. Goodyear Racing Tire #2951 Med or Hard Compund allowed. No softeners. CAUTION! Tires will be durometer’ed! May be grooved/siped. 16. Weight. HoustonBeaumont: 3000lbs. All Others: 3300 lbs. 17. I37 cars must follow I37 rules. Cottonbowl cars must follow Cottonbowl rules. Texana cars must follow Texana rules.
· Hobby Stock: 1. Cars must be a stock street type. Metric frame cars are allowed. Nova is allowed. Only metric framed station wagons are permitted with enclosed rear compartment, no other makes or models will be accepted. Minimum wheel base is 108” per OEM Tech=107.5”. Any steel factory style OEM body part. No aluminum bodies, no stock car style bodies. 2. Only Holley #4412-500cfm two barrel is allowed. Number must be legible on air horn. Choke horn attached. 1” max spacer. 4. Max 364ci. OEM iron cylinder heads only with a Min 68cc. No closed chamber heads except 305 heads on 305 engine only. No Vortec heads. Must run 350 heads on 350 engines, and 305 on 305 engines. Max 1.94” in, 1.50” ex. 11/32”. Compression Rule: 183 psi. Any single valve spring with dampener is legal, no doubles. May be in stock location or #1 spark plug can be even with ball-joint or forward. #1 spark plug may not extend behind upper ball joint on any car. Engine components must be stock and steel. Stock OEM rods only. Cast or Forged OEM replacement flat or dish pistons. Camshaft and lifters hydraulic only max .450 lift at valve. Stock style rockers arms only. Intake cast iron no altering. ONLY Stock HEI ignition is allowed. Sealed602's are legal. No MSD box or modules. Headers Allowed. Max 2” stock cast iron exhaust manifolds allowed. Gasoline only. Racing fuel allowed. No additives allowed. Stock OEM transmission only/full working torque converter, min10". Standard min 10.5” clutch, pp, full size stock steel flywheel. Front/ rear adjustable spring spacers allowed. Rear-end OEM stock year, make and model. 8.5 Rear-end may replace 7.5 OEM stock. Min three (3) functioning brakes. Rear Disc brakes allowed steel only single piston. Quick steer allowed. Complete OEM stock steering system steering box to the spindles. No mods to the suspension is allowed. OEM suspension parts only. After market polymer bushings allowed. No mono-ball bushings. Spindle Savers are allowed. Upper Control Arm can be strengthened 3/8 “ roll or rebar along outer lip in the groove. IMCA Stock car A-Arm #91034394 ok. Shocks steel OEM replacements in stock locations. 60 SERIES D.O.T. Radial Tires or Hoosier stamped G60 or American Racer KK-704. Grooving / siping ok. Any 8” width steel wheel. Bead lock ok right rear only. Spoiler: Max 6” attached trunk lid only, Max width of the car no side-boards. Min.weight 3200lbs.