The Renegade Texas Grand 2014.
Revision Date: September 22, 2014.
General Rules: 2014 · All Cars to display Renegade Race Fuel Decal. RACEceivers will be used.
1. Safety Inspection tag is mandatory before you are allowed on the track. CURRENT Houston Area Track Safety Inspection tag is valid. · 2. Safety Inspection tags will be available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Tech. · 3. Items inspected: All personal safety gear, 5 point seat belts/ fastened securely, seat secure, window net/ arm restraints, helmet (neck brace), driving suit, wrecker pick-up points front and rear. Other safety items as required by your class. No large holes in fire wall. No sharp edges on bumpers, nerf bars, fender such to cut another car's tire. You are not to race without an Inspection Tag. Cost: $-0-· 4. Any car coming to Tech without a 2014 VALID Safety Inspection tag issued, after Heat, A, B,C, or D is disqualified. · 5. Non-engine Tech inspection is optional for all classes and will be conducted at Tech at any time. ·6. Weight: All weights are post-race. You weigh with the car as it finished the race. ie: missing parts. · 7. No radios, no mirrors, scanners, or cell phones allowed in the race car while on the track. No race communications. · 8. No traction control devices allowed. All rear ends must be locked. · 9. No gasoline or methanol additives for the enhancement of power. · 10. All drive shafts are to be painted white or silver. · 11. No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the pit area before or during your races. · 12. Qualification remains with the driver, not the car. Which means the driver is qualified, but if the driver changes cars, they must start in the rear of the race in which the driver is qualified for. · 13. One registration per driver per class is required. Maximum Two Classes.· 14. Any ballast that is not welded in place must be painted white or silver.· 15.No recaps. Asphalt take offs are legal in some classes. No Claims.·16.Tech is not the place to find out your car is not legal. Know the rules, and know your car. DO NOT argue with the Tech Officials. Tech ruling is final!
· Modified: · 1. 2014 USRA, GCM Modified rules apply. · 2. Any steel locked rear end is allowed, quick change okay steel tubes only. · 3. Bert, Brinn, Falcon, RaceGator and Mitchell internal clutch are allowed. No In/Out boxes.· 4. No aluminum suspension parts allowed. 5. Any steel 15" x 8" wheel, any offset. 8” Modified tires (GCMS Rules) only: Hoosier stamped G60 (NO A, D, H) or American Racer KK704 stamped allowed. May be grooved / siped. NO Softies. Tires will be Durometer’ed. 6. Engine type determines spoilers allowed, weight and RPM chip. >375ci must use 8400rpm chip, <374ci must use 9000rpm chip. Steel headed / flat tappet or Brodix Spec head, Weight Min 2400 lbs, with steel head less than 23-degree valves. Aluminum heads w/o raised runners minimum weight 2350 lbs, or with non-Brodix Spec aluminum heads, raised runner head or less than 23-degree valve angle minimum weight 2500 lbs. If aluminum head other than Brodix spec must have a minimum of 50 lbs in front of motor plate. If Crate engine weight minimum is 2350lbs with two 30lb weights added at or ahead of motor mounts and above spark plugs. 7. If using flat tappet steel head, Brodix Aluminum Spec head or CT525 Crate Engine spoiler max 7”, any other steel or aluminum head max spoiler 5”. 8. Must declare Heads /Weight at tech and with weight display on left side windshield post.!
· ModLite / Dwarf Car . Mufflers not required. 1. Body: Mod-Lites and Classic both allowed. a. Mod-Lites see Gulf Coast ModLite, TUSA, Texana, or North Texas Stars rules. b. Classics can run TUSA, Texana, Houston, Western States or North Texas Stars body rules. 2. Tires: Hoosier Medium Bozz tread V only and Goodyear G45, G50 allowed. All must duro 45 before race. 3. Wheels: 7 and 8 inch steel wheels allowed. Beadlock allowed on all 4 corners. 4. Engines: Max compression 230 psi. 1000cc Stock engines. (2011 newest legal engine). Must remain stock bore and stroke, stock rods and pistons and cams. All head components must remain stock. Cams must be stock as per original equipment manufacturer, sprocket slots ok. . (OEM) and must meet specs as per manufacturer. ONLY OEM stock ignition system with OEM ECU box may be used. Engine must retain its stock fuel induction system. May run aftermarket air filters/headers/oil pan. Power Commander up to 5 USB, and TFI are legal. NO Bazzaz, auto tune or programmable ECU. Older carbureted engines allowed, Secondary butterflies may be removed. 1250cc max. Must be an originally a carbureted motor. 5. Weight: Spec Engine =1275lbs, Stock Engine = 1225lbs, after race, and must be displayed on Hood. 6. Brakes: 3 working brakes with calipers and steel rotors. 7. Suspension: No rubber or springs on trailing arms or third link on Mod-Lites, Dwarfs OK. 8. Gears: Quick Change allowed, any gear.
· Limited Modified: · 1.Chassis. 107-109" wheelbase. All suspension parts must be stock for 78'-87' GM metric frame. After market bushings allowed. No offsets. Upper control arm mounts may be moved. Upper control arms stock appearing aftermarket. Spindles and rotors, stock. 2. Stock brakes, minimum 3 complete working brakes assemblies required. Any shock okay that fits stock frame/suspension Spacers OK. 3. Body. Modified style. 4. Wheel base Min= 107 1/2" at Tech. 5. ONLY Carburetor 4412-500cfm. No Go will be used. 6. Max 362ci. May use GM crate engine #88958602, or 19258602 ONLY. Must be sealed with factory seals MUST be present and not show any evidence of tampering! 7.Flat top pistons only, No six inch rods. Max 1.94” in, 1.50” ex. 11/32”, Heads: 997, 445, 882, 624, 441, 487, 993, 185, 920, 862, 598, 493, 336, 126 ONLY, no ‘X’. may use Engine Quest (EQ) stock Replacement (SR) cylinder head, GM part #CH3501. 180 psi max. No Roller cam. 8. Wheels. 15"x8" steel with any offset. Right Rear bead lock is allowed. 9. Tires. 8” H-Stamped Hoosier ‘500’ or IMCA Stamp. Tires will be Durometer’ed. 10. Weight. 2350 lbs. IMCA cars must match rules above except EQ head allowed.
· Pure Stock:1. 1. American made passenger car. Two or four door car is allowed. No Mix and matching of class or track rules. Trucks bodies are allowed. 2. Full floor pan required. Quick Steer OK. 3. Engine. Must hold 13" Vacuum @ 1200rpm. Stock OEM cast steel, Stock Location. Max. 364 ci. Hydraulic cam only, MAX .450 lift at valve. Compression Rule 175 psi. Only single spring, steel open chamber heads (no 461,462,etc, must match block (305 heads 305 block OK.). Max valve 1.94”, 11/32” No Vortec. No port/polish. No fuel injection. Cast iron intake only. Carburetor: Rochester 2 barrel, Unaltered 350 Holley #0-7448 or #65-7448 allowed. Holley 4412-500cfm allowed. Carb must remain stock minus choke flap. No Go will be used. Cast iron intakes ONLY may use adapter with 1” max thickness. NO ADAPTER/Spacer allowed on 2-barrel intake. Stock bore ( +0.065”) and stock stroke combinations only. After market pulleys and balancer allowed. 4. Transmission must be stock with working torque (10.25”min) converter or (10.1”min) clutch/flywheel combination. Ignition: No MSD modules or parts. 5. Rear end. Stock for year and make. Axles must be locked. No posi-trac. 6. Fuel. Gasoline only. No performance enhancement additives. Fuel tank must be mounted in trunk and protected from rear end collision. Must be secure. 7. Brakes Stock Drum or steel Caliper. Minimum 3 complete working brake assemblies. No proportioning valves. 8. Wheel base. Min. 108" per specs. Tech =107.5" 9. Suspension stock. No adjustable blocks. Any steel spring allowed. Shocks must be stock mount on shock and car in stock location. After market bushings allowed. No jack bolts. No adjustable spring spacers. 10. Wheels. Maximum 8”, steel Only. NO bead locks allowed. 11. Tires: Any DOT radial tire, maximum width 50 series. Hoosier stamped G60 or KK-704 or asphalt pull offs. Siping/ Grooving OK. 12. Weight: 3350 lbs with 4412 Carb.; 3100 lbs. with 7448 or Rochester.. No headers allowed. 13. Driver. CURRENT Pure Stock drivers ONLY. If you race in any other class, you are not eligible if you didn't race Pure Stock prior to July 6, 2014.
· Street / Hobby Stock · 1. All Cars.: General Rules : 2. Any American made passenger car with full frame, with wheelbase 107.5" or longer as per OEM specs. Nova allowed. Camaro allowed. 3. Chassis. Full stock frame or uni-body frame. Uni-body sub-frames must be tied together. 4. Suspension. After market steel springs allowed. Lowering blocks are okay. Any steel shocks max 4, allowed, may be relocated. IMCA Stamped upper control arms okay. Any ball joint. 5. Body. Steel body only. No Late Model style bodies. All interior panels may be removed. 6. Steering. Stock steering must be used wheel to wheel and gear box, except shaft and steering wheel. Quick steer okay. 7. Fuel/systems. Gasoline only, no performance enhancement additives. Mechanical fuel pump only. Holley 500 - 4412 ONLY! GoNoGo will be used. 8. Ignition. Stock/ stock replacement, HEI after market. 9. Street Stock NeSmith Engine Rules; ENGINE STREET and HOBBY STOCK OPTION 1: Crate SPEC Engine #88958602 engine may run any holley 4 barrel carburetor. All carb components (float bowls, & main body) must be Holley manufactured. Metering blocks and base plate may be aluminum non-holley. May use Speedway Motors #545-64940 or Moroso part #64940 carburetor spacer on crate engine. Weight 2975 lbs. ENGINE STREET STOCK OPTION 2: Maximum 364 cubic inches. No stroke or de-stroke allowed. Steel rods only. Flat top pistons must be used. No port or polish. Screw in studs/ guide plates are okay. Steel heads only. Cast iron or aluminum intake okay. Vortec head casting # 10239906 or casting # 12558062. Engine Quest GM part # CH3501 Must remain as produced, seat angles and valve sizes cannot be changed, or any OEM straight plug head. Weight 3175 lbs. If any other steel head (max valve 2.02, 1.68) Weight 3275 lbs. 10. Engine Location: #1 spark plug must be no further back than 1" from front upper left ball joint, as measured with a square on the block. 11. Exhaust. Headers okay. 12. Automatics may have working torque converter. Standards with clutch must have aftermarket safety steel bell housing. No Bert /Brinn with ball spline allowed. No reverse starters, must be in stock position only. 13. No 3 Link. Rear-end. Ford 9” OK. Floaters OK. Must be 100% steel. 14. Wheels. Maximum 15"x 8” steel. Bead-lock on right rear ONLY. 15. Tires: Goodyear Racing Tire #2951 Medium or Hard Compound and Hoosier Stamped G60, H500, KK-704. Ten inch (10") wheels allowed ONLY with Asphalt pull offs both classes. Hobby Stocks allowed ONLY TWO AR 500, plus all other mentioned tires. No softeners. CAUTION! Tires will be durometer’ed! All tires may be grooved/siped. 16. All Hobby minimum weight with Crate 2975 lbs, all other Hobby 3100 lbs. Combination of Street Stocks and Hobby Stocks. Drivers must declare track and class they are running at driver check-in and MUST BE DISPLAYED on LEFT side WINDOW POST with Texas Grand Weight. (Example: BRONCO HOBBY SPEC 2975, or GATOR SS 3275.) Cars must be legal in engine, suspension, and body for track/class rules driver declares and No mixing of class body suspension rules and must fit NeSmith (without Engine Option#3), Bronco, Battleground, Golden Triangle, or Gator rules allowing for the above exceptions.
· 305 Sprints Louisiana Bayou Sprinters, Smiley's Sprints, SUS, and RaceSavers are welcome. 1.Sprint cars only. Frame and body must have a sprint car appearance. Wheel base 80” minimum, 95” max. 2. RACESAVER® 305 SPEC head. 10.25:1 maximum compression ratio, checked w/ Whistle. Max C.I. 317. ZERO Tolerance. Max Stroke 3.50. 3. Medium RR. Hoosier 105/16, ASCS, Smiley's, or American Racer 102/16. No softeners allowed. Minimum durometer= 48 cold. RR Bead lock required. No Bleeders. 4.Wing maximums: 25 sq. ft., 61” wide, 2.5” belly, side boards 30” by 72” 5. Weight 1550 lbs after race. 100lb. penalty for use of any electronic components, incl: ignition, ECU’s or driver aids, which means 1650 lbs.!.